- 1805 Construction process of Cafe Batavia's building broke ground. The building was built in stages up to 1850 and was used as the VOC administration office at the time.
- 1990 Paul Hassan, a French native, purchased the building and turned it into an art gallery.
- 1991 Graham James, an Australian native, bought the building and decided to turn it into a cafe, Cafe Batavia.
- 1993 Cafe Batavia was opened to public for the first time.